Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Random Fashion Icons- La La Loopsy

Recently I wound up skulking around a super walmart conspiciously taking tons of pictures everywhere and talking shit about cereal mascots with another student from my gender studies class. While gathering photos of how brands cater to different genders and races and mocking the dress up set with a pink fake toaster, we noticed the adorable LaLaloopsy display. They were our demonstration of a toy done right, with many dolls of ambiguous racial identity, non sexualized bodies and awesome sets like a roller coaster and a rock band. I also couldn't help but notice that her style game was completely on point.

"Silly Hair" os code for runway ready, right?
See? So much more fashionable than my old Barbies with giant pink palm tree earrings and matching tree dress. The cute fit and flare dress, the socks and mint flats, the perfect blunt bangs and blush! Not to mention the extra hair accessories that include button hair clips, which I need to DIY right now. Now add the matching pet, tons of hair option, and the slight creep factor of her button eyes and I kind of want to die and then force my cat into an adorable bow and take pictures matching it. God, I am so super jealous of this doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment